Strawberries and beet lightly sweetened with honey and blended with coconut milk make this beautiful smoothie the perfect healthy treat!
It has been dreary here lately. Rainy, cloudy, cold. NO fun. I need some sunshine in my life!!! Foods with vibrant colors make me happy, especially in the winter when the days are short and we don’t see much sunshine. My kids looove smoothies (and so do I), so I was brainstorming how I could make a super vibrant smoothie, and beets were the first thing that came to mind. I LOVE the color beets give foods, they are so gorgeous!!! I don’t always love how beets taste (minor detail), but I knew with strawberries and a touch of honey, the beet flavor wouldn’t be too strong. I was right on!
If you happen to love pink, or have a daughter who loves pink, this smoothie will be a big hit! My daughter called it pink-tastic, and proceeded to chug the entire thing down. Truth be told, my non-pink-loving son also loved it! With Valentine’s Day coming up, I think I’ve found the perfect treat for my kiddos. Add a few dark chocolate chips, and it sends it over the top!
- 2 cups coconut beverage (I love SO Delicious Unsweetened Coconut)
- ¾ -1 cup frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup roasted beet
- 2-4 tsp honey (depending on how sweet you like it)
- Dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Add ice or more strawberries for a thicker smoothie. Adjust honey to taste. Enjoy!