Cooked on the grill, these beef and mushroom burgers are stuffed full of veggies and beef. They are so juicy and full of flavor, they are sure to become a favorite. Paleo, Whole 30, and AIP friendly.
A good burger is worth its weight in gold, and this one is a winner! One of the things that makes this ultimate burger so wonderful is that it is made with veggies. The beets and mushrooms make it SOOO juicy and flavorful, without impacting the taste. These burgers are essentially half vegetable and half beef, but no one will be able to tell they aren’t 100% beef, so even the pickiest meat eaters will surely love them – they taste just like a classic burger! If you’re looking for a way to eat more vegetables, this is a great recipe to try.
How to Make Burgers: Step by Step
- Roast the mushrooms and beets in the oven.
- Pulse the beets and mushrooms in the food processor until finely chopped (or finely chop by hand).
- Mix the beet/mushroom mixture with ground beef and seasonings until well mixed.
- Form into 4 half pound patties and grill until burgers reach 155 degrees F.
Tips for Making this Beef and Mushroom Burger
- Don’t be afraid of the beets (or mushrooms!), you really cannot taste them! I am not a fan of beets and could not taste them at all in this burger.
- If you would like to substitute a different vegetable for the beets, you could try zucchini or carrot.
- To make ahead, mix everything together and keep in the fridge until you are ready to grill.
- You can also freeze the burgers raw and grill them when you’re ready, or freeze the cooked burgers and reheat them as needed.
- These can be served on Paleo Buns, or in lettuce cups. This is my favorite Paleo bun recipe.
If you try this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Please rate this recipe below 🙂
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Roast mushrooms and beets until dark and tender in 400 degree F oven. The mushrooms should take about 10 minutes if sliced. The beets will take longer, depending on size. You want to roast them until they are tender all the way through. Once the beets cool, peel them.
- Finely chop mushrooms and beets in food processor or by hand.
- Mix mushroom/beet mixture with beef and seasonings until mixed well.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Grill over medium high heat until burgers are cooked to 155 degrees F.
Looking for sides or dessert to go with The Best Beef and Mushroom Burger? Here are a few you might like: