Beef burger mixed with beets and mushrooms and grilled.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 ounces mushrooms
- 1/2 cup beets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Roast mushrooms and beets until dark and tender in 400 degree F oven. The mushrooms should take about 10 minutes if sliced. The beets will take longer, depending on size. You want to roast them until they are tender all the way through. Once the beets cool, peel them.
- Finely chop mushrooms and beets in food processor or by hand.
- Mix mushroom/beet mixture with beef and seasonings until mixed well.
- Form into 4 patties.
- Grill over medium high heat until burgers are cooked to 155 degrees F.
It is important to check the temperature of these burgers to tell when they’re done, since the beets make them look pinker than normal.