Chocolate, peanut butter, and banana are the perfect combo in these decadent (yet somewhat healthy!) muffins. Both gluten free and dairy free, they are great for an on-the-go breakfast or quick snack!
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is “Vacation Inspired Recipes”. Over the summer we traveled through Kansas and Colorado. Travel with 3 small kids is always an adventure, and my hubby and I didn’t exactly get to enjoy any gourmet food on our trip, but these muffins sure did keep the kids happy in the car. 🙂 I made a big batch before we left and then we enjoyed them throughout our trip.
While these muffins could be considered dessert, the peanut butter, bananas, eggs, and oats add some fiber and protein that make these a somewhat healthy treat. And who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate?!? They are so moist, ooey-gooey, and delicious. If you can try one straight out of the oven you will be in heaven!!!Print
- 4 bananas (about 1 1/2 cups, mashed)
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I used almond)
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cups cocoa powder
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 24 muffin cups. Mix banana, peanut butter, honey,brown sugar, vanilla, milk, and eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add salt, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa, oats, and chocolate chips, and mix well. Scoop batter into muffin cups, filling 2/3 full. Bake for 22-26 minutes, rotating pans (switch the top pan to the bottom and the bottom to the top) halfway through baking. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the pan, and then remove to finish cooling. Enjoy!
*Adapted from Abbey’s Kitchen http://www.abbeyskitchen.com/healthy-gluten-free-peanut-butter-banana-chocolate-muffins/
Check out more recipes from other great ReDuxers below!
[inlinkz_linkup id=651194 mode=1]