Perfect for a party, barbecue, or a simple dinner, these sliders are stuffed with peppers, onions, and southwest flavor. Served with spicy chipotle mayo, they are out of this world! So simple and delicious!
We loooove grilling burgers in our house. Something about summer just makes us want to spend all our time outside. Living in Missouri, it gets cold and snowy in the winter, so by the time Spring and Summer roll around, we are ready to get out of the house! I love that there are so many things we can grill, and there is something magical about grilling and eating outside. Now if only we could find a way to get rid of those pesky mosquitoes……………
While I love a good beef burger, I can only eat so many beef burgers without getting a liiittle tired of them. Turkey burgers are a great way to mix things up, and these Fiesta Turkey Burgers are so flavorful! I simply used lean ground turkey and mixed in some fresh peppers and onion. The result is fabulous! Serve these on homemade whole wheat dinner rolls for extra goodness.
- 8–10 whole wheat dinner rolls (homemade link above)
- 19 oz package 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of green, red, and/or orange bell peppers
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayo
- 1 chili and 1 T adobo sauce (from a small can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
- Pepper Jack cheese
- In a food processor, blend peppers and onion until finely diced. If you don’t have a food processor, finely dice them. Mix onion, peppers, ground turkey, salt, and pepper until well incorporated. Form into small balls, using about 1/8 cup ground turkey mixture. Flatten into patties 1/4 inch thick. Repeat until all patties are formed. Cook on nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side, until patties reach 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
- To make adobo mayo, combine chile, adobo sauce, yogurt and mayo in food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
- To build burger, take a whole wheat roll (recipe link above) and top with turkey slider, cheese, mayo, lettuce, and onion. Enjoy!