- 8–10 whole wheat dinner rolls (homemade link above)
- 19 oz package 93% lean ground turkey
- 1 cup of green, red, and/or orange bell peppers
- 1/3 cup red onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Chipotle Mayo
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup olive oil mayo
- 1 chili and 1 T adobo sauce (from a small can of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce)
- Pepper Jack cheese
- In a food processor, blend peppers and onion until finely diced. If you don’t have a food processor, finely dice them. Mix onion, peppers, ground turkey, salt, and pepper until well incorporated. Form into small balls, using about 1/8 cup ground turkey mixture. Flatten into patties 1/4 inch thick. Repeat until all patties are formed. Cook on nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 3-4 minutes per side, until patties reach 165 degrees F with a meat thermometer.
- To make adobo mayo, combine chile, adobo sauce, yogurt and mayo in food processor and pulse until completely smooth.
- To build burger, take a whole wheat roll (recipe link above) and top with turkey slider, cheese, mayo, lettuce, and onion. Enjoy!