Perfect for a special occasion or everyday meal, this layered salad is filled with vegetables, eggs, bacon, and fresh greens. It’s healthy, gluten free, vegan, has only 7 ingredients, and can be made in less than 30 minutes!
With warmer temperatures comes fresh veggies popping up at the farmer’s markets, and greens are one of my favorites! I can get salad greens year round at the grocery store, but being able to get fresh, local veggies is even better. This layered salad is one of my favorite salads for a special occasion……..Easter brunch, a tea party or baby shower, or family dinner. It always disappears quickly!
This recipe is for The Recipe ReDux, with this month’s theme being recipes with 7 ingredients or less. Although this salad only has seven ingredients, you could easily add more if you wanted more yummy toppings. 🙂 One of the best things about this Layered Salad is you can add your favorite veggies, based on what’s in season and available. I like to add eggs and bacon to make it a bit heartier, but you could swap in avocado or grilled chicken instead. This salad is SO simple, it takes just 7 ingredients (plus seasonings) and 30 minutes or less to make. I love taking it to Easter brunch, but it would be a great addition to a summer BBQ, baby shower, or any gathering. It’s so pretty and always a crowd pleaser!
Oh, and a bonus is you can make it ahead of time and keep it in the fridge for a few hours or overnight and it keeps wonderfully! Check out some other great recipes from ReDuxers below. Happy Easter!Print
- 6–8 cups salad greens (I used spring mix and spinach)
- Veggies of your choosing, 1-1.5 cups of each veggie (I used bell pepper and frozen peas)
- Protein/fat of your choosing, 1-1.5 cups of each (I used hard boiled egg and bacon)
- 1 cup Mayonnaise (use vegan mayonnaise if you’re avoiding eggs)
- 3–4 tablespoons Non-dairy milk to thin
- Salt, pepper, green onions, dill to taste
- Start with 1 cup of greens in the bottom of your bowl. Add a layer of one add-in, using all of it. Put most of it around the edge of the bowl, so it looks pretty. Fill in with greens in the middle of the bowl. Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the layer, then add your next add-in, filling in with greens in the middle. Repeat until all the add-ins are gone. Top the salad with mayonnaise thinned with milk, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, green onions, and dill. Enjoy!
*This salad can be made ahead and kept in the fridge overnight.
[inlinkz_linkup id=611231 mode=1]