- 2 3/4 cups all purpose gluten free flour blend (I used Namaste Perfect Flour Blend)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum (if your flour blend doesn’t contain any)
- 3/4 cup light coconut milk (from the can)
- zest and juice of 3 medium lemons (about 1/3 cup juice)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 tablespoons coconut oil, softened*
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs or 4 flax eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease 2 loaf pans. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and xanthan (if using). In a separate bowl, whisk together coconut milk, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla extract. Using an electric mixer, cream coconut oil and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and mix until they are well incorporated. With the mixer on low speed, add 1/3 of the flour mixture, then 1/2 of the coconut milk mixture, 1/3 more flour, the other 1/2 of the coconut milk, and the last of the flour mixture. Make sure it is mixed well. Divide the batter evenly between the 2 pans, smooth the top of the batter with a spatula, and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let it cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Once it is cool, whisk the glaze ingredients together and pour the glaze over the two loaves. Store them in an airtight container (or wrapped in plastic wrap) for up to 2 days at room temperature, or up to 2 months in the freezer.
*Make sure the coconut oil is soft enough that it will beat easily with the sugar. If its pretty hard, microwave it for 10-20 seconds until it softens a bit. It is okay if some of it melts.
*Recipe adapted from Lemon Bundt Cake in “The How Can it Be Gluten Free Cookbook Volume 2”