With just 5 ingredients and 15 minutes, you can have a quick, portable, and high protein Paleo BBQ Snack Mix that tastes delicious! Paleo and Whole 30 friendly.
Are you in need of an easy snack recipe? This snack mix take just 15 minutes to make (with only 5 minutes of hands on time) and tastes just like barbecue chips. Who could say no to that? It is a perfect savory snack, especially when you need a snack that will keep you full for awhile. And, bonus: it is a crowd pleaser if you decide to share!
This is great to pack up and take with you as you’re headed out the door, just take something to wipe the barbecue seasoning off your hands. 🙂 The pecans and cashews are an excellent source of protein and healthy fats, so it is a snack you can feel good about eating and feeding to your family. My kiddos are not huge fans of plain nuts, but they do love barbecue chips, and they went crazy for this snack mix.
How to Make this Paleo BBQ Snack Mix:
- Melt coconut oil and honey and mix together.
- Toss nuts and banana chips with oil/honey mixture and shake/stir to coat.
- Sprinkle on seasoning mixture and shake/stir to coat.
If you made this recipe, I’d love to hear what you think! Please rate the recipe below 🙂
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup banana chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup (omit for Whole30 and keto)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Melt coconut oil/honey on stove or in microwave. In zip top bag or large bowl, toss nuts, banana chips and oil/honey together until the mix is fully coated in oil. In a small bowl, stir seasonings together and sprinkle over nuts. Shake/stir until nut mixture is fully coated in seasonings. Spread on baking tray and bake for 5 minutes, stir, and bake another 3 minutes. Stir, and continue baking in 2-3 minute increments until the pecans are looking toasted (they will get dark brown). Be careful not to let them burn, it can happen pretty quickly! They should be done in 10-12 minutes or so total baking time.
Here are some other recipes you might like: