These energy bites have just 5 ingredients and take just 5 minutes to make! With peanut butter and chocolate, they will please even the pickiest eater. 🙂
We took a road trip to Kansas and Colorado this summer, and I needed some simple and healthy snacks for the trip. These were one of the first recipes that came to mind. Not only are they easy to eat on the road, but the whole family loves them so I knew they would make everyone happy on the long car ride. Who doesn’t love peanut butter and chocolate chips?
I love that these little guys only take a few ingredients, one bowl, and 5 minutes to make. They make the perfect snack, and can be easily customized to fit your preferences. I’ve added dried fruit instead of chocolate chips, tried almond butter instead of peanut butter, and added in chopped nuts. Any way you try them, they are delicious!
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts or chia seeds
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until well combined. If the mixture is too warm to form into balls, refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. Form into 1 inch balls, place on a baking sheet and refrigerate or freeze to harden. Then, store them in a zip top bag in the fridge or freezer until you’re ready to eat them!