Simple, delicious baked beans. Sweetened with pineapple, this makes the perfect healthy side dish for picnics or barbecues. I love summer! The barbecues, playing outside, spending time at the pool. So many fun things to do! Since food is my life, I especially look forward to summer barbecues, and what’s a BBQ without baked beans? They are always a crowd pleaser, and this pineapple version is no different.
These beans go great with burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches. If you need a side dish, these are just the ticket! They are tangy and sweet, and as an added bonus, they are a good source of iron and vitamin C. Take ’em to your next BBQ or picnic. The best thing about this dish is that it uses natural sweetness from the pineapple, so you don’t have to add any extra sugar. The perfect mix of sweet and savory!Print
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 (16oz) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (28 oz) can baked beans
- 1 (20oz) can crushed pineapple
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 T Worcestershire
- 1 T yellow mustard
- 1 tsp black pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large pot, saute bacon and onion over medium high heat until onion is softened. Add garlic and saute 1 minute more. Drain off excess bacon grease if there is any. Add beans, pineapple, ketchup, molasses, Worcestershire, mustard, pepper and salt. Pour into an oven safe dish, cover, and bake 1 hour. Enjoy!