Nutritional overview: –
|Calories 672||Fat 38.1g||Carbs 75.2g||Protein 10g|
table>There are 672 calories in 1 muffin (162.4 g) of Costco Poppyseed Muffin. Calorie breakdown: 50% fat, 44% carbs, 6% protein.
Why are Costco muffins so calorie-dense?
It’s not only about the number on the scale; Costco’s enormous muffins are terrible for your health and provide a terrific bargain. Byrd says that eating these enormous muffins can “raise your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and diabetes.” Additionally, she observes that a sugar-laden muffin can promote tooth decay and boost your need for more sugar and carbohydrates.
- According to Donna Rose RDN, LDN, owner of, Costco’s huge muffins are especially harmful since a larger muffin implies a greater number of toxic components.
- Rose states, “Starting with calories, huge muffins can contain an entire meal’s worth and then some.” “Large muffins have more saturated fats, sugar, and preservatives than their smaller counterparts,” she explains, adding that Costco’s enormous muffins are nutritionally deficient for their high calorie cost.
According to Kristin Gillespie, MS, RD, LD, CNSC, a registered dietitian nutritionist at, large muffins, especially those from Costco and other commercial bakeries, are typically “extremely high in calories and undesirable nutrients like saturated fat and sugar.” She explains that the majority of the calories in a Costco muffin are derived from flour and sugar.
- Gillespie states that one of these mega-muffins may contain up to ten teaspoons of sugar.
- But despite the high calorie content, you shouldn’t be shocked if you’re hungry by the time you unload your items at home.
- The macronutrient load of these muffins is likely to make you feel hungry shortly after ingestion,” adds Gillespie.
In addition, you will inevitably suffer a blood sugar rise and subsequent drop. Due to the inaccessibility of bakery nutrition information on Costco’s website, it might be difficult to prepare un advance. It is also not readily available at the counter, although Byrd suggests inquiring.
When she has asked nutritional information at the counter, she has received it, according to her experience. “They may simply deliver it to you over the counter if you request it in person,” she explains. You may not be able to plan ahead as much as you’d want, but at least you won’t be entirely in the dark about the calories, saturated fat, and sugars you’ll ingest while selecting a bakery treat.
For further information, please visit these. The number one worst item to purchase from Costco’s bakery
Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins Kirkland Signature is the primary source of information 1 muffin 672.0 Calories 75.2 g 38.1 g 10.0 g 2.0 g 130.0 mg 7.0 g 652.0 mg 0 g 0 g Report an issue with this food gram muffin ounce
|For a Serving Size of ( g)|
|How many calories are in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of calories in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Calories||Calories from Fat ( %)|
|% Daily Value *|
|How much fat is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of fat in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Total Fat|
|How much saturated fat is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of saturated fat in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Saturated fat|
|How much cholesterol is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of cholesterol in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Cholesterol|
|How much sodium is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of sodium in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Sodium|
|How many carbs are in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of carbs in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Carbohydrates|
|How many net carbs are in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of net carbs in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Net carbs|
|How much fiber is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of fiber in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Fiber|
|How much glucose is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of glucose in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Glucose|
|How much protein is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of protein in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Protein|
|Vitamins and minerals|
|How much Vitamin A is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of Vitamin A in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Vitamin A|
|How much Vitamin C is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of Vitamin C in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Vitamin C|
|How much Calcium is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of Calcium in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Calcium|
|How much Iron is in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins? Amount of Iron in Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins: Iron|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs.|
Report a complaint about this meal Note: If you make a purchase after clicking on one of our Amazon buttons, we will get a small referral fee. If you do click them, we appreciate it! Kirkland, Poppyseed Muffins
Why did Costco discontinue the sale of poppyseed muffins?
Costco Has Recently Reintroduced This Discontinued Bakery Item True shoppers are aware that can compete with any neighborhood food store. There have been other favorite bakery goods that have disappeared throughout the years, much to the dismay of many members.
- Almond poppyseed muffins, one of the many muffin variations, are one of the most famous baked goods that have gone.
- However, it has recently returned.
- Related: The curator of the Instagram account located the long-lost muffin in Dallas, Texas on April 22.
- According to comments on the article, it has been several years since many consumers had the opportunity to revisit this item, which was withdrawn in many places during the previous couple of years.
Since the epidemic, there have been muffins accessible, especially on the tables. Other portions of the warehouse also saw budget cuts, including the food court. Members continue to appreciate Almond Poppy Seed Muffins. Some goods from the bakery and food court have returned, but the renowned pizza slice remains absent.
- Despite the muffin’s disappearance, members’ fondness for it has not been forgotten, and other web recipes attempt to replicate its flavor.
- While these recipes were acceptable replacements, nothing beats being able to walk to the bakery department and get a large box of poppy seed muffins with no cleanup.
According to the post, the Almond Poppy Seed Muffins are enhanced by reheating them in an air fryer and topping them with honey butter. However, keep in mind that this Costco muffin has two servings. There are 640 calories, 36 grams of fat, 8 grams of saturated fat, 580 milligrams of sodium, 72 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber, 36 grams of sugar, and 10 grams of protein in a single one.
- This is unhealthy, but just half of it helps prevent a sugar crash later in the day.
- Sharing is caring, and it will also help the six-pack last longer.
- There are many things to like about Costco, but check out what.
- Sign up for our newsletter to receive daily updates on the newest Costco news sent directly to your inbox.
Costco Has Recently Reintroduced This Discontinued Bakery Item