Tickets | Tournament Bracket | Tournament Central | 2021-22 Schedule | 2021-22 Season Statistics COLUMBUS, Ohio – In the 2022 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament, No.7 seed Ohio State will face No.10 seed Loyola Chicago on Friday at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
The game will begin at 12:15 p.m. ET. Ohio State and Loyola-Chicago will meet for the fifth time overall and the first time in the NCAA Tournament. Since 1961, the teams have only met once. Ohio State has won the previous four meetings. On November 11, 2006, the Buckeyes won 87-75 at Value City Arena in a Black Coaches Association Classic contest.
Ohio State is participating in its 31st NCAA Tournament. The Ohio State Buckeyes have a 51-29 record in NCAA Tournament games and one national championship from 1960. The Ohio State Buckeyes have finished as NCAA Runner-Up four times (1939, 1961, 1962, and 2007) and have appeared in ten NCAA Final Fours, fourteen NCAA Sweet 16s, and fourteen NCAA Elite Eights.
- The 19-11 Ohio State Buckeyes, led by their fifth-year head coach Chris Holtmann, are making their fourth consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance.
- Ohio State is one of 12 teams to have received an invitation to each of the last four tournaments (there is no tournament in 2020).
- Holtmann in the NCAA Championship Chris Holtmann will lead his seventh consecutive team (3 at Butler and 4 at Ohio State) to the NCAA Tournament; had the 2020 tournament been played, it would have been his eighth.
He has a career record of 7-6 and appeared in the Sweet 16 with Butler in 2017. Ohio State versus 2022 NCAA Tournament Teams Ohio State has faced eleven teams that are participating in this year’s NCAA Tournament. The Ohio State Buckeyes were 8-6 against these opponents, including victories over No.2 seed Duke and No.3 seed Wisconsin.
What is Ohio State’s seed in 2022?
This is why Ohio State will be the ONE seed in the Playoff reveal!! | Field of 12 AFTER DARK
Ohio State has earned a No.7 seed in the 2022 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament and will face No.10 seed Loyola Chicago on Friday at 12:15 p.m. at PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Program next link
What football seed is Ohio State?
The Ohio State Buckeyes are in. The Ohio State Buckeyes heard their name called on Selection Sunday, securing the No.7 seed in the NCAA Tournament. Friday’s first-round matchup pits No.10 seed Loyola Chicago against No.7 seed Ohio State in the South Region of the tournament bracket in Pittsburgh.
- Friday’s game will begin at 12:15 p.m.
- And will be broadcast on CBS.
- NCAA March Madness (@MarchMadnessMBB) March 13, 2022 The Ohio State Buckeyes lost four of their last five games prior to Selection Sunday and were defeated by Penn State in the second round of the Big Ten Tournament on Thursday.
- Loyola Chicago, ranked No.23 in the NET and No.24 in the KenPom rankings, won the Missouri Valley Conference Tournament on Sunday and will enter the NCAA Tournament with an overall record of 25-7.
As the No.8 seed in the tournament last year, the Ramblers reached the Sweet 16 before losing to Oregon State. If Ohio State defeats Loyola, it will face the victor between No.2 Villanova and No.15 Delaware. Arizona is the No.1 seed in the South Region, and the Buckeyes are joined by Big Ten teams Illinois (No.4) and Michigan (No.11).
The Southern Area! #SundayElection #MarchMadness pic.twitter.com/itj3KRio7Z — NCAA March Madness (@MarchMadnessMBB) March 13, 2022 Chris Holtmann has now qualified for the NCAA Tournament in four of his five seasons at Ohio State, and would have qualified for all five seasons if not for the cancellation of the 2019-20 tournament due to COVID-19.
Ohio State’s No.7 seed is its lowest since 2018-19, when Holtmann’s Buckeyes were a No.11 seed and defeated a No.6 seed in the opening round. Last season, the No.2 seeded Buckeyes were eliminated in the first round after losing in overtime to No.15 Oral Roberts.
This was the program’s highest NCAA Tournament placement in eight years. Under Holtmann, Ohio State has not won multiple NCAA Tournament games. In the 2012-13 season, Thad Matta led Ohio State to the Elite Eight before losing to Wichita State, the last time the Buckeyes won more than two games in the tournament.
— Ohio State Basketball (@OhioStateBball) March 13, 2022