Given these benefits, it’s safe to assume that we’re all looking forward to acquiring our own bottle of black seed oil. Fortunately, it can be obtained online from Activation Products Black Seed Oil or Amazon.com. If you’re searching for anything in tablet form, certain health food stores may also provide capsules of black seed oil.
What is the purpose of black seed oil?
Black seed oil is a typical alternative medicine supplement used to treat a range of illnesses. Current study indicates that black seed oil may be useful for treating asthma, aiding in weight reduction, and lowering blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
In general, usage for less than three months has not been associated with significant negative effects. However, in one trial, ingesting 1 teaspoon (5 mL) of black seed oil per day for 8 weeks did produce nausea and bloating in some individuals ( 2, 48 ). ( 2, 48 ).
How can black seed oil cause weight loss?
Can black seed oil aid in weight reduction? People who advertise the weight loss advantages of black seed oil The supplement’s waist-shrinking capabilities can be attributed to two primary features. Initially, some evidence shows that black seed oil may assist regulate insulin synthesis and levels.
- According to a research published in the Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism, black seed oil “causes slow partial regeneration of pancreatic beta-cells, raises blood insulin concentrations, and reduces serum glucose.” Proper glucose management can lower cravings and aid in weight loss.
- The second component of black seed oil’s weight loss promise is a reduction in inflammation.
According to a research published in Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine, the antioxidant thymoquinone in black seed oil may help decrease inflammation and swelling in the body. Although the number of studies examining the weight reduction advantages of black seed oil is minimal, as its popularity grows, more studies are being conducted.
- If you’re interested in using black seed oil for weight reduction, a few studies already indicate positive outcomes.
- According to a publication in the International Journal of Preventive Medicine, a short trial involving 20 participants indicated that those who took black seed oil and engaged in aerobic activity lost more weight than those who did not take the supplement.
A 2018 research published in Journal of Ethnopharmacology examined the outcomes of eleven placebo-controlled clinical trials. The data indicated that black seed oil may aid in weight loss. The supplement reduced body mass index (BMI) and waist circumference in supplement users.
- Even the Journal of Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders did a systematic assessment of the medical literature in order to identify the plants with the most anti-obesity qualities.
- The researchers identified and reported in their published findings that black seed oil is one of the most effective natural weight reduction treatments currently available.
(Related: 7 Reasons to Try Acupuncture for Weight Loss)
Following six weeks of treatment with black seed oil, systolic blood pressure reduced by 11.2% and diastolic blood pressure decreased by 12.0%. A recent research published in Food Science & Nutrition Research 1 discovered that supplementation with standardized black seed oil (ThymoQuin from TriNutra; Harrison, NY) maintained healthy volunteers’ blood pressure.
- Twenty patients with normal blood pressure were given daily dosages of black seed oil for six weeks in the trial.
- After a three-week washout period, subjects received a placebo for an additional six weeks.
- Throughout the trial, participants’ blood pressure was measured regularly.
- Following six weeks of treatment with black seed oil, systolic blood pressure reduced by 11.2% and diastolic blood pressure decreased by 12.0%.
In as little as two days, an initial considerable reduction in blood pressure was noted. Following six weeks of placebo administration, individuals’ blood pressure increased somewhat. In a news statement, Morris Zelkha, CEO of TriNutra, stated, “Nearly one-third of the adult population in the United States has hypertension, and natural products, like Nigella sativa oil, have long been regarded as therapeutic remedies in many traditional medical systems across the world.” This study indicated that ThymoQuin can contribute to considerable improvements in blood circulation parameters, which have not been observed with other black seed oil kinds.
Can black seed oil be applied straight to the skin?
BLACK CUMIN SEED OIL APPLICATIONS – Black Cumin Seed Oil, which is used in cosmetic and topical applications, may be applied directly to the desired regions of the skin to moisturize, to heal acne, burns, and other undesirable blemishes, and to minimize the appearance of fine lines and other indications of age.
- Alternately, two drops of Black Cumin Seed Carrier Oil may be added to the face cream of your choice.
- Applying a moisturizer containing this oil is also proven to treat skin infections and fungus.
- In a clean, dark 105 ml (3.5 oz.) dropper vial, mix the following ingredients to create a moisturizer with the added advantages of many other nutrient-rich oils: 30 ml (1 oz.) Jojoba Carrier Oil, 30 ml (1 oz.) Sweet Almond Carrier Oil, 20 ml (0.7 oz.) Borage Carrier Oil, 15 milliliters (0.5 ounces) of Rosehip Carrier Oil, 9 milliliters (0.3 ounces) of Black Cumin Seed Carrier Oil, and 6 milliliters (0.02 ounces) of Vitamin E Liquid.
Cap the bottle and gently shake it to ensure that all the oils are fully combined. Before using this mixture, thoroughly cleanse and wipe dry the face, leaving it slightly wet to the touch. Next, warm 6 to 8 drops of this elixir by rubbing it between your palms, and then massage it into your face and neck with soft, upward strokes.
- Avoid putting the mix near your eyes.
- Due to the lack of preservatives in this formulation, it should be consumed within six months after its creation.
- For a nourishing, protecting Black Cumin Seed Oil face mask that also serves as an exfoliating scrub to exfoliate dead skin, begin by washing the face with a mild face wash and removing all signs of makeup.
In a small dish or bowl, combine 1 tablespoon of Black Cumin Seed Carrier Oil, 3 tablespoons of Raw Organic Honey, and 3 tablespoons of Apricot Shell exfoliant. This recipe generates roughly 7 tablespoons of the mask, which is applied to the face and neck using the fingertips in a circular motion.
After 10 minutes, massage the mask further into the skin while washing it off with warm water. After patting the skin dry, use 1-2 drops of Black Cumin Seed Carrier Oil to hydrate it. This mask is recognized for its ability to purify the skin, diminish the appearance of blemishes, and minimize the appearance of wrinkles in order to achieve an even complexion with a healthy glow.
Pour 2 tablespoons of Black Cumin Seed Carrier Oil into the palms of your hands and rub them together to warm the oil. For a stimulating and conditioning hair mask that is reputed to nourish hair and promote its growth while soothing the scalp, pour 2 tablespoons of Black Cumin Seed Carrier Oil into the palms of your hands and rub them together.
- Next, massage the entire scalp with this quantity of oil, paying special attention to the regions with the most hair loss.
- Once the oil has been rubbed into the entire scalp, evenly distribute it to the ends of the hair strands.
- The hair mask should be left on for 30 to 60 minutes before being removed with ordinary wash.
This mask is known to strengthen and maintain scalp health, minimize hair loss, eradicate dandruff, prevent dryness, balance the scalp’s oil production, reduce frizz, protect hair from injury, and prevent hair from losing pigmentation, thereby decreasing the graying process.
This routine may be done two to three times each week. Black Cumin Seed Oil is said to be good for a broad variety of disorders and conditions, but it is most recognized for its ability to alleviate joint pain, muscular pains, bruising, and rheumatic symptoms. For a simple yet effective massage that repairs skin damage and reduces skin discoloration caused by bruises, massage 60 ml (2 oz) of Black Cumin Seed Carrier Oil into the afflicted regions, paying special attention to bruising and uneven skin tone.
This can be performed two to three times each day until the pain and inflammation have subsided and the color has returned to normal. Additionally, this is said to be useful for eczema and acne. In addition, it energizes fatigued muscles, boosts immunity, decreases stiffness, eases digestive complaints, improves the elimination of toxins from the body, and regulates menstruation and associated symptoms.