Find Zoysia grass and grass seed today at Lowe’s. Lowes.com is an online retailer of lawn and garden items, including grass and grass seed.
Which kind of Zoysia is superior?
Geo Zoysia – Geo® Zoysia is a kind of zoysia grass with fine blades and a dark green hue that offers a great level of curb appeal to the homeowner. Geo Zoysia was created by crossing Zoysia japonica with Zoysia tenuifolia. Geo Zoysia is, without a doubt, one of the most attractive turfgrasses you will see in a landscape.
- Its outstanding shade tolerance is equivalent to that of the majority of other zoysias, and it is exceptionally wear-resistant, making it an ideal option for residential lawns.
- Additionally, it thrives in a variety of soil and climate conditions and has a reduced thatch buildup compared to other zoysia grasses with an incredibly fine texture.
Geo Zoysia takes somewhat more upkeep than other zoysias, but it will produce the most attractive lawn in the area. Sod Solutions, Inc. has a patent and trademark on Geo Zoysia. Geo Zoysia Description: Ideal Application: golf courses, parks, commercial and residential lawns Mow Height: 0.5 to 1.5 inches Shade Tolerance: Very Good Wear Tolerance: Very Good Drought Tolerance: Very Good
Parched Conditions – Under drought circumstances, the capacity of Zoysia grasses to enter a dormant state is what makes them more drought-tolerant. In its dormant stage, the turf is brown to grayish-brown in hue. St. Augustine grass will wilt in short-term dry conditions; but, after receiving sufficient water, it will recover its lovely appearance within a few days.
- Under the same short-term dry circumstances, the dormant leaves of Zoysia grass will become brown and require fresh leaf development to cover them.
- Zoysia grass has an advantage over St.
- Augustine only in extreme drought situations.
- In extreme drought conditions, Zoysia grass is more likely to recover, but St.
Augustine grass may need to be replaced.
What drawbacks does Zoysia grass have?
During these latent times, Zoysia cannot endure excessive traffic. Another disadvantage is the very poor tolerance to shadow beneath trees. Yards with both sunny and shady portions would necessitate the installation of shade beds or the selection of a shade-tolerant grass seed.
Zenith zoysia seed planting start to finish
Zeon is regarded as the most attractive of all warm-season turfgrass varieties. Simply ask a neighbor. Zeon Zoysiagrass is a luxuriant and durable turf grass that is suited for usage in the’sunbelt’ regions of the United States and extends further into the northeast than many other warm-climate varieties!
Which Zoysia is the most cold-hardy?
A thick Meyer Zoysia grass that is very lush and dark green. Due to its density, Meyer Zoysia is exceptionally resistant to weed invasion, extremely tolerant to heavy wear, extremely tolerant to cold, and somewhat tolerant of shade. Meyer Zoysia is usually regarded as the most cold-tolerant species of Zoysia.
Due to its durability, Meyer Zoysia is a popular sod grass option in the Atlanta region. Meyer Zoysia is a species of grass that can withstand both winter and summer weather conditions. The result is a beautiful front and rear yard with a lush, dark green lawn. If this grass receives five hours of daily sunshine, it may thrive in both the front and back yards.
It may also grow in partially shaded locations. Atlanta Sod Farm offers the greatest grass with medium-sized leaves that have the same blade-like form and can grow up to 2.5 inches. This grass’s density makes it more resistant to cold temperatures than other types of grass.
- Similarly, drought and dry weather have less of an impact on it.
- It originated in Japan but is currently farmed in the United States.
- In the Atlanta area, where summers are humid and hot, its durability makes it a popular choice.
- Additionally, it has the ability to combat weeds by preventing their growth due to a lack of space, and it has the strength to repel insects and viruses.
Due to the sluggish rate of expansion, it is also advisable to protect military buildings.
|Hot Weather Tolerance
|1.5 to 2.5 inches. Disease, Weed, and Insect Tolerance: Low disease problems, has great weed suppression and very little insect problems.
table>Soil and Fertilizer Apply 10 pounds of 10-10-10 per 1,000 feet in early spring and late summer.p.H. level of 5.5 to 7.0. Watering During sod establishment, water every day so that the soil is soaked 3-4 inches deep. Do not allow to wilt. An additional watering might be needed. The primary watering should be done between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Established sod should be watered every day during the hot months and about every 4-7 days during cooler months. Mowing Mow every 7-10 days at 2 inches. Make sure you remove clipping to prevent that build up. Fungicide Tolerant to Daconil, sentinel or eagle.