The perfect tailgating snack, this lighter version is made using reduced fat cheeses and fresh corn. Cheesy and delicious, this recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
I. love. football. The start of football season signals the beginning of fall, with pumpkin, warm sweaters, and tailgating! Although I don’t tailgate very often, I do LOVE watching football with friends and family, while eating delicious football snacks. Football watching just isn’t complete without something cheesy and indulgent, and this dip is both! Watching football has changed for me over the years. As a kid and young adult, I would sit and watch every play, and I knew all the key players. Now, with 3 little kids running around, I’m lucky to catch any of the game, and I don’t even know most of the players on my favorite team (Go Chiefs!). Luckily, I can still enjoy all the the delicious football foods, even if I don’t watch many of the games. 🙂
Lightened up by using lighter cheeses and adding in fresh corn, you can indulge without the guilt! Although this cheesy dip would be perfect for watching the big game, it is also a great appetizer for any special occaision. Girl’s night, holiday party, family reunion, work potluck………..you name it, this dip will be a big hit!Print
- 2 (8oz) packages neufchatel cheese (aka reduced fat cream cheese), softened
- 1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup lowfat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup finely diced onion (1 medium onion)
- 1 1/2 cup corn (from 2 ears of fresh corn)
- 1/4 cup chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Using a spoon or mixer, mix together the cheeses and yogurt in a mixing bowl until they are well combined. Stir in onion and corn, making sure it is well distributed throughout. Place in a greased 9 inch baking dish, and bake for 40 minutes, or until bubbly and lightly brown. Garnish with chives and serve!