This paleo peach crisp is sweet and flavorful, and SO easy to make. With just 8 ingredients, you can throw it together in 10 minutes or less and then let the slow cooker do all the work! It’s paleo friendly, and also gluten-free and vegan.
Peach season is the best! We have a little peach truck that pulls up in our small town once a week and brings peaches from few hours away. They sell peaches by the box, so we get a bunch of peaches all at once, and this is one of my favorite ways to use them. I love that this can be made in the slow cooker! It’s perfect for a really hot day when you don’t want to heat up the house, when your oven is being used for something else, or to keep the peach crisp warm at a potluck or bbq. If you’d rather use the oven, I’ve got you covered! Just check out the “tips” section below for oven instructions.
HOW TO MAKE PALEO PEACH CRISP: STEP BY STEP
- Slice peaches and toss with lemon juice, lemon zest, and maple syrup.
- Toast the pecans and make the topping.
- Combine everything in the slow cooker and set it to cook on low for 3-4 hours.
TIPS FOR MAKING THIS PALEO PEACH CRISP
- Honey can be substituted for maple syrup.
- Ghee can be substituted for the coconut oil.
- Cooking times can vary, so just cook it until the peaches are soft.
- You don’t absolutely have to toast the pecans, but they taste so much better that way!
- If you LOOOOVE the topping and like lots of it, double the crisp topping.
- If you prefer to use the oven, put it in an oven safe dish (13 x 9 inches) and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-40 minutes (cover with foil for first 20-30 minutes so the topping doesn’t burn).
- Serve with Paleo vanilla ice cream, or coconut whipped cream. 🙂
If you make this, I’d love to hear what you think! Please rate this recipe below. 🙂
SLOW COOKER PALEO PEACH CRISP
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 mins
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
- 6 peaches, sliced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 cup toasted pecans, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- Mix together peaches, lemon juice and zest, and 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Place in greased slow cooker. Mix topping ingredients together until well combined and spoon over peaches. Set slow cooker to low and cook for 3-4 hours, just until peaches are soft. Enjoy!