Jump to Recipe·Print Recipe
I love jam of all kinds, and while I LOVE filling my pantry shelves with canned jams and preserves, it can be time consuming. Anytime I need some quick jam, I break out my chia jam recipe. It’s super simple, and can be ready in 20 minutes or less! I’ve been making strawberry chia jam for awhile, but a few weeks back I had some extra beets on hand, and decided to try them added to my basic strawberry jam recipe. They add such a vibrant color, and have LOTS of health benefits, so they make the perfect addition to this jam! Try it on top of yogurt, pancakes, or ice cream. SO good!
STRAWBERRY BEET CHIA JAM
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- 1 quart strawberries, chopped (about 3–4 cups)
- 1 medium beet, roasted and peeled
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- caviar scraped from 1 vanilla bean (or 1 tsp vanilla extract)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2–3 T chia seeds
- In a food processor, process strawberries and beet until mostly pureed. Transfer strawberry/beet mixture to a medium saucepan and add orange juice and zest, and maple syrup. Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add chia seeds and vanilla, and simmer 5-10 minutes more, until mixture thickens to desired consistency. Add extra chia seeds if needed to make jam thicker. Allow to cool and transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat.