A whole grain tortilla stuffed with grilled chicken, fresh strawberries, toasted pecans, and feta, this is one healthy and satisfying wrap!
This month’s Recipe ReDux theme is all about breaking out of a lunch rut! I’ll admit, I don’t plan lunches very well. We usually just eat leftovers for lunch since I’m home with the kids and it’s easy to heat up leftovers. Whenever we run out of leftovers, I’m kind of at a loss on what to serve for lunch. I can’t wait to see all the great ideas from fellow ReDuxers to throw into the lunch rotation!
This strawberry chicken salad wrap is super easy and such a great spring/summer lunch. Right now there are fresh strawberries everywhere, and they are so flavorful and sweet! The best thing about this recipe is you could prep everything on the weekend or the night before and then just throw it all together at lunch time in just a minute or two. Quick lunches are a must in our house, especially since our mornings are usually a whirlwind of homeschooling, chores, and chaos. I love all the flavors in this salad, and the sweet balsamic dressing is SOOOOO good. I was tempted to lick my plate clean. 🙂
Now that the weather is getting warmer, fresh strawberries are plentiful. I love using them in savory meals. Their sweetness pairs perfectly with the greens in this wrap. Bonus: strawberries are nutrition powerhouses! They are a great sources of Vitamin C, fiber, and folate, but have also been linked to preventing heart disease, keeping teeth healthy, maintaining blood sugar, and preventing cancer.Print
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10–12 gluten free or whole wheat tortillas
- 6 chicken breasts
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- 12 cups mixed greens
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/2 cup feta cheese (omit if you’re dairy free)
- 1 cup toasted pecans*
- Make dressing/marinade by whisking all ingredients together until well combined. Place 6 chicken breasts in a zip top bag. If the chicken breasts are thick, slice them in half so you have 2 thinner chicken breasts. Pour half the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight. When you’re ready, grill the chicken until they are completely cooked to 165 degrees F (or until the juices run clear and there is no pink remaining). Slice the chicken and build your wraps! Layer all the ingredients together on a tortilla, drizzle with the remaining dressing, and enjoy!
*To toast pecans, put them in an oven or toaster oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes. Watch them closely! Once you start to smell them, they can get too dark and burn quickly! You want them to be lightly browned and smell delicious. 🙂
[inlinkz_linkup id=619138 mode=1]