Just 6 ingredients are all you’ll need to have a delicious Paleo breakfast casserole! This casserole is full of flavor, and packed with sausage and veggies that even your pickiest eaters won’t mind! Paleo, Whole30, Dairy free.
Breakfast casseroles are such an easy way to get a hearty breakfast or feed a crowd without a lot of effort. This paleo breakfast casserole combines sausage, egg, spaghetti squash, bell pepper, and spinach, and is a family favorite. You can customize it with your family’s favorite veggies, and even use ham or bacon instead of sausage. You could easily put it together in the evening and refrigerate it overnight. Then, in the morning all you have do is bake it! I hope you are able to give it a try – you won’t regret it!
How to Make this Sausage Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Casserole:
- Cook the spaghetti squash – you could roast it in the oven or cook in the microwave
- Cook the sausage with the other veggies you want to add
- Combine all the ingredients in a casserole dish
- Bake and Enjoy!
Tips for Making this Sausage Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Casserole:
- To make things easier in the morning, I recommend cooking the spaghetti squash, sausage, and vegetables the night before
- Change up the veggies depending on what your family enjoys – if you have a super picky eater, just use the spaghetti squash – it blends in really well with the eggs
- The sausage is really important because it gives the casserole a ton of flavor. If you decide to leave it out, you’ll need to add additional seasonings.
dairy freemilk, I recommend those with a higher fat content, like hemp milk or pea protein milk – the extra fat gives the eggs a creamier texture.
Just 6 ingredients are all you’ll need to have a delicious Paleo breakfast casserole! This casserole is full of flavor, and packed with veggies that even your pickiest eaters won’t mind!
2-3 cups cooked spaghetti squash
12 ounces ground breakfast sausage
1 red bell pepper, diced
3 cups spinach, chopped
1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk (I prefer hemp milk)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Cook the spaghetti squash, either by slicing in half and roasting in a 400-degree F oven for an hour, or by cooking in the microwave for 12 minutes. In a pan over medium heat, cook sausage. When the sausage is almost cooked through, add bell pepper and spinach and cook until softened. While everything is cooking, combine eggs, milk, and seasonings in a bowl and whisk until well combined. Grease a 9 by 13 baking dish, and layer spaghetti squash on the bottom of the pan. Top with spinach and veggies. Pour egg mixture over the top. When you’re ready to bake it, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for around an hour, until eggs are full cooked and set. You can check for doneness by inserting a knife in the center of the casserole and looking for any uncooked, runny egg. Enjoy!
Keywords: Paleo Sausage Breakfast Casserole
Looking for more recipes? Here are a few others you might like: